WELCOME HOME! At One City we believe that God has a HOPE and a PURPOSE for every person. One City Church launched in November of 2020 with the ambition of reaching Denver and impacting it for the hope and glory of God. We started with a team of devoted, vibrant team members, and since launching have seen God do incredible things in and through One City Church!
We feel called to serve three sets of people in Denver: those seeking God, those poor in spirit and circumstance, and the next generation of leaders and influencers. We do this by creating community, intentionally serving those in need, and inviting people to experience God in a Spirit-filled, excellence driven Sunday. No matter what your walk in life is like right now, you have a home at OCC!
JESUS is our pioneer.
We find our life and being in the one true God, Jesus. By abiding in him, and allowing him to lead, we find our rhythm for life.
THE HOLY SPIRIT is our pacesetter.
Our best life is found in the pace of the Spirit. Jesus sets the course, the Spirit sets the pace.
HOPE is our rhythm.
The world is dying for a hope it does not know. We are audacious in our hope. Anything is possible for those who believe!
PEOPLE are our passion.
God’s mission for each person is our passion. We value, honor, and believe the ONE.
PRESENCE is our preference.
While we value excellence, we believe that excellence is born in God’s presence, over man’s effort.
GENEROSITY is our spirit.
With our time, our talents, our hearts and our finances.
SERVICE is our privilege.
God is concerned with the least of these, and so are we.
LIFTING is our leadership.
We are a sending church. Our greatest impact will be with raising the next generation.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We believe in ONE eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both fully God and fully man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues.
- We believe in the power and significance of the Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for fellowship, prayer and the ‘breaking of bread’.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and CHANGE us so that we can live full and blessed lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe in an eternal heaven, determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again, and will establish his reign and a new Heaven and new earth.